Meet Tara Ghormley, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (SAIM)
Dr. Tara Ghormley received her bachelor’s of science in biology in 2005 and doctor of veterinary medicine from Colorado State University in 2009. She went on to San Diego to undergo a year-long small animal medicine and surgery internship at VCA Emergency Animal Hospital and Referral Center. In 2010, Dr. Ghormley moved back east to Cooper City, Florida where she completed a neurology internship at Veterinary Specialists of South Florida.
After completing her three-year residency in Los Angeles at VCA Los Angeles Veterinary Specialists/VCA West Hollywood, Dr. Ghormley received diplomate status from the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal). As a board-certified veterinarian, she enjoys the challenge of internal medicine and the problem solving required for every case. Her favorite areas of study are renal disease and immune-mediated conditions.
Dr. Ghormley is very dedicated to providing excellent medical treatment to her patients, but also strives to provide a great experience for owners during stressful times. Since joining Pet Specialists in 2015, Dr. Ghormley runs the Blood Donor Program and is the Intern Coordinator. On her free time, Dr. Ghormley volunteers with rabbit rescue and enjoys going to comic conventions with her husband. They have many furry pets, both cats and rabbits.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology), Colorado State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Colorado State University
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal)
- Association of Veterinary Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (AVHTM)
- American Society of Veterinary Nephrology and Urology (ASVNU)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Monterey Bay Area Veterinary Medical Association (MBAVMA)