Meet Greg Marsolais, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVS
Founder, Chief Surgeon
Dr. Greg Marsolais is originally from Citrus Heights, California. He completed his bachelor’s degree in animal science from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo. In 1998, he left the west coast for Ames, Iowa where he earned a master’s degree in veterinary clinic science, as well as a doctor of veterinary medicine from Iowa State University. After graduating in 2002, Dr. Marsolais completed a small animal rotating internal medicine and surgery internship at Affiliated Veterinary Specialists in Maitland, Florida. In July of 2003, Dr. Marsolais began his surgical residency at the University of Illinois.
After his residency, Dr. Marsolais relocated to northern California where he helped found Veterinary Surgical Centers of the Delta. Dr. Marsolais became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (DACVS) upon successfully passing the ACVS examination in February 2007. In 2008, he moved to Monterey, California and founded Pet Surgeons, Inc., which became Pet Specialists of Monterey. The doors opened in 2011 as a 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital in Del Rey Oaks, CA.
Dr. Marsolais always knew he wanted to be a veterinarian. He has two pet cats of his own, Cosmo and Dizzy. In his free time, he enjoys travelling, fishing, and making his own fishing lures for marlin and tuna. If Dr. Marsolais did not pursue veterinary medicine, he would be a deck hand on a fishing boat in Kona, Hawaii!
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science), California Polytechnic State University
- Masters of Science (Veterinary Clinic Science), Iowa State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- Monterey Bay Area Veterinary Medical Association (MBAVMA)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- International Game Fishing Tournament Observer (IGFTO)
- International Game Fishing Association (IGFA)